A cat show was held in Minsk on September weekend. Maine Coons, bald sphinxes and Bengal kittens could be bought right on the spot. Some owners made concessions that day and made discounts to those who bought cats at the event. So, the price from $ 250 for Scottish kittens was reduced to $ 200.
According to the administrator of the exhibition, the event has been held for the ninth consecutive year. The season begins in September after a long summer break. Already all participants and visitors are happy with the organized exhibition.
The exhibition already has regular exhibitors who are happy to show their pets.
– In addition to regular customers, we are looking for new participants on the Internet, word of mouth also works: the one who liked the participation transfers contacts to others. So come.
Someone wants to show new costumes, and someone their cat’s skills to be agile and fast in the agility track, someone, for example, has kittens and they want to sell them at the exhibition, and someone wants to show their cattery – also come, they make out a stand beautifully.
By the way, not only cat shows are held, but also the organizers delight visitors with dog shows, aquarium fish, exhibitions of parrots and horses. In the near future there will be a show of rodents.
Fortunately for visitors, some cats could be touched and stroked. Children could not miss such an opportunity. True, the owners say that cats are bored.
A variety of animals were presented at the exhibition: small and large, with and without hair. Costumed show balls were held. Animals were dressed up in various dresses and even put on superhero costumes.
Someone was selling food, while someone was engaged in charity work. Irina Adamenkova, representative of Zooshansa, spoke about help for homeless animals.
– At this time, we are collecting money for our OSV program – trapping, sterilization, release. Since 2016, we have mass-sterilized stray animals. On average, we produce 800 wild cats per year. In the region of 3,000 cats we tame – they are domestic, they are sterilized, adapted, cured, as needed, vaccinated. Together with the passport and vaccines, we transfer them to the new owners by agreement.
It is important that cats are not given away just like that, but constitute an act. The new owner agrees to properly care for the pet and further sterilize it.
– If the kitten has not reached the age for sterilization, the owner is obligated to castrate the animal and ensure proper living conditions, and if he cannot do this, he will return it to the volunteer from whom he took this pet. We take them back. It happens that they give it back in 5 years, in any case it is our animal.
By the way, we have acquired the status of the international organization "MBOOZZH" – the International Charitable Public Association for the Protection of Animals.
On average, this organization has about 520 cats and 30 dogs on its balance sheet today. Dogs are much smaller because organizers keep animals at home.
– We do not have a shelter. 5 cats live in my house now, and I attach them, and then I take new ones. Someone lives 10 cats, and 10 dogs will be, to put it mildly, not very. Dogs are harder to keep. A wild dog will smash the apartment while you adapt it. We have most of the cat people.
At the moment, the organizers are raising funds for the organization, and after the exhibition they will continue to work.
– After the exhibition at 8 pm I go with an assistant to catch wild cats. We make social fees in social networks, we deposit our money. We always need people.
It’s not necessary to take cats home, but it’s also necessary to stand and help raise money. Roughly speaking, a pensioner can call us and ask for help to sterilize a cat.
We sterilize free of charge, help the needy. Conventionally, our sterilization costs 45 Belarusian rubles, for an individual without discounts costs 120 rubles – this is different money.
It can be seen that at this exhibition you can not only have fun looking at pedigree cats, but also help homeless animals.
Photo: © Belnovosti